Pure Inspiration!: Join Barts this term and sing at the Royal Festival Hall
Like to sing? New to the London choral scene? .... or just interested to see if you would like to be?
There's nothing quite like Barts Choir!
NEW TERM WELCOME! Rehearsals for our March 2017 'The Sea &The Sky Concert' at City Temple
nearest stations – Chancery Lane & City Thameslink
Jan 23 is the last rehearsal day for new members to join this term
There’s no audition or charge to experience our choir.
Come and meet us, sing for a couple of rehearsals and see if Barts is the choir you would like to join.
Plus a special invitation to the staff and members of the Barts Health NHS Trust
Under 26 and new to Barts - Enjoy our special 'Welcome rate'
The choir includes both experienced and novice singers. Choral skills are developed to performance standard during a professionally led 14 session rehearsal period. There are 3 concerts each year at prestigious venues, such as Royal Festival and Cadogan Halls. Belonging to Barts Choir gives you the chance to enjoy and gain familiarity with the words and music of significant choral pieces of music (see 'Concerts'- tab on this site)
Why join Barts Choir?
1. There is no audition and we welcome everyone, both novices and experienced singers
2. You don't need to be able to read music
3. We are one of the biggest amateur choirs in London so you'll find hundreds of potential new friends amongst us
4. We meet on Monday evenings (not much else happening then) so it's an uplifting way to start your week or complement your studies.
5. We rehearse in convenient venues in central London (usually City Temple, Holborn)
6. Rehearsals begin at 6.45pm, when many people have just finished work, college or uni.
7. Become a better singer through expert tuition from our professional conductor – Ivor SetterfieldD
8. Over the years you will learn dozens of different pieces of choral music, some well-known, others more rare
9. Enough rehearsal time each term to enable us to learn challenging works to performance standard
10. We sing in world-renowned venues like the Royal Festival Hall, The Royal Albert Hall, Cadogan Hall
11. The health benefits of group singing are well-documented. We feel better physically and mentally when we sing together.
12. Many of us go to the pub for a drink after rehearsals for a chance to socialise
We are friendly and welcoming and like to support new members.
If you would like to ask a question, then according to your singing range, please contact:
Not sure which section is for you?
There's nothing quite like Barts!